Learn how to use PLECS with a collection of short tutorial videos.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Windows Machine
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Mac Machine
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Mac operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Windows Machine
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Mac Machine
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Mac operating system.
- Introduction to PLECS Standalone
Build a simple RLC network using the schematic editor and the component library.
- Introduction to PLECS Blockset
Design a buck converter in PLECS with controls modeled in Simulink.
- Using the PLECS Scope
Explore the powerful features to display and post-process simulation results.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 1
Include loss information for a device and calculate its temperature.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 2
Calculate semiconductor losses and quickly estimate steady-state temperatures.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 1
Structure your model hierarchically with subsystems.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 2
Build your own reusable components by masking subsystems.
- Writing Simulation Scripts in PLECS Standalone
Perform automated parameter variations and multiple simulation runs.
PLECS RT Box
- Introducing the PLECS RT Box
Watch a quick demo of the typical design workflow and see how an offline PLECS model can run online in seconds.
- Distributed Real-Time Simulation using PLECS and the RT Box
Interconnect multiple RT Boxes together.
PLECS Model of the Month
Here is a collection of monthly videos that explore specific application example models.
- January 2018 - Microgrid
A Microgrid in Island Operation
- February 2018 - Constant On-Time Control
Buck Converter with Constant On-Time Control
- March 2018 - NPC Solar Inverter with Islanding Scenario
NPC Solar Inverter with Islanding Scenario
- April 2018 - Two-Phase Interleaved PFC Converter
Two-Phase Interleaved PFC Converter
- May 2018 - Rapid Control Prototyping
Rapid Control Prototyping with the RT Box
View our webinar presentations that go into greater depth into specific topics.
- Simulating Motor Drives in Real Time using the PLECS RT Box (18-May 2017, 40 minutes)
Motor control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
- Introduction to PLECS Physical Domains (07-September 2017, 53 minutes)
Thermal, magnetic, and mechanical domains
- Using the PLECS State Machine Block (28-November 2017, 44 minutes)
Model controls using a graphical user interface
- Simulating a Solar Inverter in Real Time with the PLECS RT Box (12-December 2017, 30 minutes)
Inverter control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller