I have purchased a PLECS Dongle License. How can I install it?
- At this time, PLECS Dongle Licenses are supported only on Windows and Mac computers.
- Do not connect the dongle to the computer before you have installed the appropriate dongle driver to avoid that the operating system (e.g. the Windows Update Service) installs a driver that may not be compatible with PLECS.
- To install a dongle driver, log in as administrator and install the appropriate package from the links below. If necessary, reboot the computer. Connect the dongle to the computer to complete the installation of the driver.
- In addition to the dongle driver you also need to install a license file that links the dongle to a PLECS license. To install the license file, open the License Manager by choosing the entry PLECS License Manager from the Help menu, then click on Manage license files... and Install....
Dongle Drivers for PLECS 4.2 and Newer (Legacy Drivers See Below)
FLEXid 10 Dongle
- Download FLEXID10_Windows_v6_40.zip and extract its contents.
- Start the executable Setup.exe by double-clicking it.
- On the page Select the WibuKey components you like to install you can deselect all options. This will just install the plain driver.
- Download WkRuntimeUser_6.60.500.dmg and double-click it to mount the disk image.
- Double-click on WkInstall.pkg to start the installer.
FLEXid 9 Dongle
- Download FLEXID9_Windows_v7_80.zip and extract its contents.
- Open a Command Prompt, change into the extracted folder and execute the following command:
For further information see the readme.html document in the ZIP file.
- Download FLEXID9_OSX_V7_80.dmg and double-click it to mount the disk image.
- Open a Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo "/Volumes/Sentinel Runtime Installer Scripts/dinst"
Note: When installing on macOS 10.13 ("High Sierra") or newer, you may receive an alert message System Extension Blocked. Click on Open Security Preferences and in the Security Preferences dialog click on the Allow button next to the notice about blocked software from SFNT Germany GmbH. If the Allow button is disabled, you need to unlock the dialog by clicking on the lock icon in the lower left corner.
For further information see the Readme.html document in the disk image.
Legacy Dongle Drivers for PLECS 3.6 up to PLECS 4.1
PLECS 3.6 up to PLECS 4.1 require the installation of a different dongle driver. Please choose the appropriate driver from the table below:
|FLEXid 9||Windows 32-bit||flexid-9-driver-1-0-1_win32.msi|
|FLEXid 10||Windows 32-bit
|macOS (up to 10.12)||FLEXID10_OSX_6.30.502.dmg|
Note: During installation of WkRuntime_6-30a.exe, when asked which WibuKey components you would like to install, you can deselect all options. This will just install the plain driver.