Last updated 22 May 2018
Collection of Information
Plexim may collect certain types of information about you when you access and use our products and services, visit our web site, communicate with us via email or phone, or interact with us in other ways such as attending a Plexim event. The information we collect may include:
- Name and contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and country
- Organizational information, such as the name of your company or university, your department, and your position and title
- License information for Plexim products you are using and the licensed users and computers associated with those products
- Information regarding your use of the Plexim web site. This includes web analytics information, such as the pages you visited on our web site and the links you clicked on
- Device and network information, such as your IP address, operating system, preferred language, and browser type
- The content of your communications to us, such as feedback, customer support requests, technical support requests and error reports. These may include emails or transcripts of phone calls
- Payment transaction information if you make a purchase from Plexim
- Your user name and password for the Plexim User Forum
- Other information that you submit to Plexim voluntarily, such as submissions to the Plexim User Forum
Use of Information
We use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide any communication or material necessary to respond to a request for information about Plexim’s products, services and events;
- To allow you to request trial licenses and apply for student licenses for our software;
- To allow you to download software, documentation and other materials made available by Plexim;
- To process orders and ship products as well as documentation in support of such order;
- To enable any independent reseller who may be responsible for selling licenses to our software and providing support in your territory to serve you;
- To manage licenses and ascertain use of our products and services;
- To provide technical support and targeted documentation suited to your particular needs;
- To enable you to submit material for publication on the Plexim user forum;
- To enable you to register for, and to track your participation in a webinar, workshop, conference, or other event hosted by Plexim;
- To enable delivery of training or consulting services and participation in seminars, trade shows, and other events;
- To solicit optional feedback about customer satisfaction with our products, services and events;
- To improve our products and services, including our web site;
- To notify you of new products, updates, or other information related to your use of our products or your information requests;
- To provide you with important information such as renewal of maintenance, version upgrades, bug fixes, and other notifications about the products that you use;
- To send promotional material about our company, products, services, and events (you may opt out of receiving promotional materials by email);
- To market and sell our products and services (you may opt out of marketing emails);
- To process an employment application from you;
- For record keeping and compliance with obligations imposed by applicable laws, regulations, or a court or administrative order.
Sharing of Information
Plexim may share information with infrastructure and service providers, authorized distributors, and other third parties in order to fulfill the limited purposes described in the section “Use of Information” above. These entities may be located throughout the world and fall into the following categories:
- Web and IT systems infrastructure providers (e.g. providers of storage, databases, email service, analytics, and other information technology services)
- Service providers for business operations (e.g. accounting systems, payment processing)
- Affilates and authorized distributors who may use information for Plexim business purposes including marketing, sales, and support
- Service providers for in-person and online events such as conferences, seminars and webinars
When we share personal information, we require the recipient to protect your personal data in compliance with law.
Your Rights to Your Personal Information
Unsubscribing from marketing email communications
Plexim sends emails including electronic newsletters and event announcements. We also may contact you for marketing or sales purposes using the information provided to us by you or on your behalf, through our Affiliate, authorized distributors, or business partners such as event organizers. You may choose not to receive these types of communications.
To opt out, you can unsubscribe by following the opt-out instructions contained in emails you receive.
For licensed customers, including trial users, we contact you regarding the Plexim products that you are using. These messages provide information about bug-fixes, new software versions you are entitled to use, and upcoming maintenance renewals. While you have an active license, you cannot opt out of these messages because they contain important information about the products you are using.
You block cookies and certain other kinds of information transmitted over the internet by changing your browser settings. If you disable cookies some features on our website may not work as intended.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of the personal information we retain about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.